9.10.2010

"Money makes the world go round, the world go round..."


Isn't that how the song goes?

Money.

How can such a small little word, which rhymes with something as sweet as honey and has only 5 letters be so loaded, so scary, so corruptible, so full of potential, so necessary and so consuming?

We (my husband and I) have been chipping away at some sort of financial planning for the last 4 years. A meeting here, a spreadsheet there and article of college 529 plans there. But now as parents and "real grown-ups" (I write that with a smile on my face), there is a sense of urgency to get our financial life in order. Because what I see now, is how it affects every decision that we make - from vacations in Mexico to me going back to work to childcare to buying a house to moving to Bali for a year to helping an aging parent. Most ironically, I have been elected CFO of this small enterprise and it is requiring me to first look deeply into my relationship with money.

And deep I will go.

No comments: