3.07.2011

More Rabbit wisdom


I'm still on the Rabbit thing.

"According to Chinese tradition, the Rabbit brings a year in which you can catch your breath and calm your nerves. It is a time for negotiation. Don't try to force issues, because if you do you will ultimately fail. To gain the greatest benefits from this time, focus on home, family, security, diplomacy, and your relationships with women and children. Make it a goal to create a safe, peaceful lifestyle, so you will be able to calmly deal with any problem that may arise."

I am stuck on the "create a safe, peaceful lifestyle". Every part of me is yearning for this on every level.

So I wonder about our house and our choices and our parenting skills and our decisions. I wonder about buying vs. renting. I wonder about a second baby. I wonder about preschool. I wonder about my mom. I then I am reminded of the last line that says "so you will be able to calmly deal with any problem that may arise" and realize that all of these things simply fall into the category of things can may arise and if I/we come from a peaceful place than deciphering the right solution for us at the right time will feel easier and less tumultuous.

But what does a safe and peaceful lifestyle look like?

Perhaps it is different for each of us.

What does it look like for you?

No comments: