12.16.2011

Artist date: A touch of green






Somehow I just knew that I would love it here. I just didn't know how much.

Tucked away, far off any place that you would just drive past is Green Door Design. Small, organic and really just right, this treasure full of orchids and succulents has just been added to my "don't need to ever go any place else" list for my greenery needs. Funny how a wrong turn can end up being exactly right.

As a little Christmas present for myself, I took two of my favorite unused containers to them (a service that they provide) for the cost of the materials they use and a day later I got this...






and this...





I am absurdly attached to this succulent display as it has brought this box out of hiding. We used this wooden contraption to hold the utensils at our wedding buffet and for almost 6 years I have been trying to figure out what to use it for. It barely survived the de-cluttering and simplifying of our last two moves but something in me wasn't quite ready to let go.

Now I know why...it was waiting for this.

No comments: